Programs and Services
Big Bend Cares has been serving the needs of the HIV community in North Florida since 1987. We are a private, non profit organization dedicated to the treatment, care and continual wellness of people infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS. Our medical facility, Care Point Health and Wellness, offers medical, dental, mental health, HIV testing, and pharmacy services to all patients, regardless of their financial situation, insurance status or ability to pay.
Listed below are the programs and services that we offer:
- Medical Insured – Assistance with co-pays for infectious disease doctors for those clients with insurance
- Medical Uninsured – Assistance with payment of labs and doctors
- Food – Provision of one bag (8-10 items) of non-perishable food items each month during food bag week
- Prescription – Assistance with co-pays for medications for those clients with insurance and medication not on the ADAP formulary for those uninsured. All uninsured clients will access ART and other medications through ADAP at the Leon County Health Department
- Mental Health – Provision of up to 30 one-hour sessions with a mental health therapist to address mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Nutrition Therapy – Provision of one case of ensure nutritional supplement every other month with prescription from a doctor.
- Dental – Assistance with oral health care up to $1,000 annually
- Case Management – Assistance with enrolling and linking clients to services
- Transportation – Assistance with transportation to and from medical appointment via bus passes or use of agency transportation
- Holiday Angels – Assistance with presents for children/grandchildren during the holidays